Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Me Enjoy Writing?

Study Partner
     Who knew that I would come to love writing so much and I would want to go to school to learn more about it. Yep that's correct the English flunky LOVES I repeat LOVES writing. Sure I still have a ton to learn about proper writing, but I'm learning and enjoying as I do.
     I have blogged for years now. Some of my readers have been with me for more than ten years and more than a few blog moves. They have also put up with my sloppy sentence structure, horrible punctuation and we won't even talk about my spelling before spell check in browsers LOL 
      I have always loved to share about my families adventures and my life as a stay at home mom. I never thought about using that enjoyment of sharing to work toward a career. I'm not sure exactly what I want to work toward but at least I have a direction to look in to now.  I have never known what I wanted to be other than the stay at home mom that I was. It is nice  to have something tangible to think about.
     I still need to go in and talk to my academic advisor and have my major changed. The community college doesn't offer a "writing" degree so I will have to do some sort of general study degree that will let me take lots of writing classes. I would really like to do my major in  journalism. They have a journalism class but not a degree. I will have to wait until I get to the University for that.  
     Another thing I never thought about was research. I have always been the sort that if I didn't know what something was I looked it up. I want to know what people are talking about around me and learn new things. So research is something I have done on a small scale for a long time.  I never thought about taking a class in how to research until my writing teacher suggested one on our syllabus. I figured what the heck it won't hurt to take it. Who knew I would enjoy learning research techniques LOL Yep I'm actually enjoying the text book.   NEVER in a million years did I think I would enjoy a text book especially on research LOL

Ok off to do more home work


No comments:

Post a Comment