Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Reading and Walking?

Those that know me know I'm an avid reader. I read books the old fashion way in print, I read ebooks, and I listen to audio books when I don't have the time to sit and read. I do tend to carry a book with me when I leave the house, but I refrain from reading it until I'm at a full stop. Whether I be in my car or on foot. I stop movement. I pull my book out of my bag and either stand or sit to read.  Now if I'm listening to a book I can continue to move and not worry so much. The reason? I can still use my eyes to see where I'm going. I don't have to worry about tripping over roots growing out of the sidewalk, or bumping in to the person standing at the light waiting to cross. The big one and I know my self well enough to know I would do this! I won't walk off the curb and fall in front of an oncoming car! WOOHOO for me!
     This is something I see all the time around here. People walking and reading. Sure it is nice to know I live in such a literate location, but really? Walking a reading? To me it seems almost as dangerous as texting and driving. Then again you don't hear on the news car hit by book reading pedestrian. I wonder has anyone done a study on this? They do studies on who really has the remote more often men or women?  I wonder if someone will think to do a study on injures that happen to the reading walkers.
     I guess this is such a hard fact for me to comprehend because I can hardly walk and talk at the same time let alone walk and read LOL


My rambling thoughts for the day


No comments:

Post a Comment